CNC Foam Cutter
- An Industrial CNC Foam cutter with Aluminum Profiles and Roller gantries.
- Work Area – 1.6 x 1.6 x 1.5m
- Power – 220v 6A
- Heating Element – 26AWG Nichrome wire
- Heating output – Meanwell DC 52V 700W
- Max Cutting Feedrate – 2000mm/min
- Controller – Mach3 USB
- Stepper Drivers – Rhino Motion Controls
- Max Parallel lines – 5 Nos
- The First version using Arduino and Ramps
- 4-Axis Foam cutter(Arduino +Ramps)
- The frame made from 4040 Extruded Aluminum profiles and joined together with custom Aluminum brackets for rigidity.
- The Control box securely mounted on the side of the machine.
- Meanwell power supplies and Rhino Motion control Drivers.
- Y carriage CNC machined from 10mm Delrin.
- The Nichrome wire is held in the carriage with spring on either side. Power to the wire is fed via the stainless steel threaded rods which also act as vertical spacers between parallel wires.
- The carriage runs on roller bearings with custom Delrin bushings which attach to the aluminum profiles. All the wires are contained in the frame itself and the design is modular.
- The x-axis consists of two motors on each side, one on top and bottom to provide longitudinal stability. These are NEMA 17 and they run on belts on either side.
- The Y-axis holds a Nema 23 motor with the belt running through the inner profile of the Aluminum extrusions. The wires from the control box are fed via a cable carrier.
- The first machine was installed at an insulation profile making factory in Kozhikode. Some photos of the machine in the client’s factory.
CNC Foam Cutter An industrial CNC Foam cutter with Aluminum extrusion running Mach3.
- CNC Foam Cutter
Notes mentioning this note
CNC Foam Cutter
An Industrial CNC Foam cutter with Aluminum Profiles and Roller gantries. Specifications Work Area – 1.6 x 1.6 x 1.5m...
FabNeo CNC A low cost flexure based PCB milling machine for Fablabs. Fablab Handbook A handbook for prospective students in...