- Tags Health
- Fasting for survival Dr Pradip Jamnadas
- Food Glycemic index Harvard
- Jason Fung Books
- In two and a half million years of human evolution, that’s 100,000 generations, each time it improves from before. We are only in the agricultural phase for 600 generations. lastly, we are only in the industrial phase for 10 generations. our bodies have not adapted to the changes.
- Your body knows what your ate. What you eat immediately affects your genetic expression.
- The best way to get healthy is to consume your own Fats. ketones.
- Eating is an energy consuming process, thats why when you are not well, you have a natural tendency to stop eating.
- Average humans have about 50,000 Kcal stored in their bodies, but they need a way to access them. Enough vitamins to last a month.
- In the first 12 hours of fasting your body is going to use up all the glycogen in the liver and the muscles, your glucose levels are maintained.
- The next 12 hours, Gluconeogenesis happens, new glucose is generated form protein, but not from muscles, there is always protein turnover in the body but this time it takes the form of glucose.
- When your insulin levels drop, the fat stores open up and the fat gets converted to triglycerides and fatty acid, which goes to the liver and gets converted to ketones. ketones can be used by every part of your body including your brain.
- Eating after a fast is much more forgiving as the body is more sensitive to insulin and very little is produced.
- **Caloric restriction **will lose little weight, and waste muscle, you body will adjust and you will be miserable.
- When you are fasting after 18 hours, your body kicks up the metabolism and the you actually make new brain cells.
- A 2 day fast boosts growth hormones by about 2000%. Growth hormones are keeping you young, your skin better, to build muscle.
- Autophagy starts form 18 hours and build to max at 3 days, the waste machinery of the cells are replaced and it sends the signal to the bone marrow, which produces new stem cells to come and replace the cleaned cells. External stem cell injections do not go well as only 0.1% gets to where we want them, because they did not receive the signals form the cells.
- If you do a **7 day fast your chances of getting cancer are reduced by 70%. **And if you do a 36 hour fast before a chemo, your cancer cells will die off, and your normal cells are much more resilient.
- Your bodies know what you ate, in a fasting state, your body mobilize some enzymes called SRT-1 which binds to acetyl groups which are on histones which are on your DNA. Histones are the springs that cover your DNA and doesn’t expose it. The SRT binds to histones which untwists certain parts of the DNA so that it can make proteins. Genetic expression changes, it activates the Fox o 3 gene, which activates all the anti oxidant genes in your body. Turmeric itself has no anti oxidative property , it turns on the Fox3 gene.
- one of the most important vitamins in your body is vitamin D3, when it is deficient your genetic expression is handicapped. The second is vitamin k2 which pulls calcium out of tissues and puts them back in your bones.
- The most important thing to look at your lipid profile **is to look at your **triglycerides, HDL and ratio of HDL to Triglycerides. If its off you have a sugar problem. If your triglycerides are high and your HDL is low, then you have high insulin levels.
- Sugar is not natural, its processed food. It causes inflammation in the body, fructose cause insulin resistance in the liver.
- Too much protein increases IGF-1, that turn on mTOR **what these do is they are protein kinases, it **stimulates the ribosomes **to produce more protein which helps in building muscles, but it also **increases cell proliferation, which increases your chance of cancer. High protein diet increases risk of cancer and turns off autophagy.
- Protein powders are not a good idea, it increases your sugar level, increases protein syntesis, IGF1 levels go up and decreases autophagy. best way to get them is to go for lean meats.
Starting a fasting program
- The first thing is you need to cut down on your carbs, need to be carb conditioned. You cannot jump into a fast form a regular diet. No processed foods, no sugar, can have tea, coffe with some coconut oil, which will give a satisfaction, take away hunger for a while.
- When you are breaking a fast you might get phosphate deficient, they are a building block and your muscles will start to get sore. When that happens you should make bone broth and have it. When doing a fast if you want to take one thing, it should be bone broth.
- Humans need to balance growth (i.e. increased IGF-1, insulin and mTOR) with repair (i.e. autophagy, fasting and ketosis).
- There is an optimal balance between growth and wasting. Too much insulin and you grow to the point that you get complications of metabolic disease. Too little growth and you become frail, lose your muscle and bone strength then you may fall, break your hip and never get up again. Protein
- Higher levels of energy in the bloodstream is a sign of poor metabolic health and reduced ability to access and burn fat.
- High levels of glucose leads to glycation. High levels of free fatty acids leads to oxidised LDL. High levels of glucose and free fatty acids tends to lead to glycated LDL. High levels of ketones can lead to acidity if not balanced with adequate minerals.
- if you actually require therapeutic ketosis, you will need to pay particular attention to getting adequate micronutrients (i.e. particularly, choline, folate, potassium, calcium and magnesium). Supplements
- It is important to keep your sodium, pottasium, magnesium, Vitamin B1 (thiamine) levels during fasting. Supplements
- B1 is considered a nerve vitamin. Best source of B1 is nutritional yeast Supplements
- Befothimine (Fat soluble B1) fast absorbtion than watersoluble b1
- **Alpha lipoic acid **is good for reducing oxidative stress.
- Hairloss is cause by trace mineral deficiency. Primarly Zinc and Selinium.Supplements
- ZInc, contained in insulin, controls growth hormones, testosterone generation, found in eggs, fish, pumpkin seeds
- Selenium is most important anit oxidant mineral. Found in fish conunteracts the mercury
- Long term fasting for 3-5 days have added benefits of loosing more weight in a shorter amount of time.
- They are superior to calorie restrictive diets and easier to stick to.
- Extended fasting beyond 5 days needs careful planning and monitoring of blood minerals and vitals.
- First weight lost is primarily because the body is loosing water. It slowly shifts into ketosis.
- The first 18-24 hours are the most difficult.
- Most body cells require glucose to function and when we eat the pancreas secrete insulin which triggers the muscle and fat cells to start taking energy into them.
- The body has an order of priority for they types of energy they burn and when.
- The reason being glucose is easy to metabolise and burn to get energy while fats even though release more energy, are slower to burn.
- Recommended sodium levels is about 0.5 to 1.0 table spoons 2000mg/ day
- Sodium maintains the level of fluid outside the cells like the blood vessels and potassium maintains the level of fluid inside the cells.
- Recommend doing** resistance training** to prevent and protect muscle.
Break a Fast
- when breaking a fast remember not to spike insulin very fast. to prevent refeeding syndrome.
- for a 3 day fast, on the first day consume no more than 50% of the calories = 17 * body weight
- Start with something easy to digest like bone broth.
- Eat towards the end of the day to reduce cortisol spikes.
Notes mentioning this note
Tags Health Fasting for survival Dr Pradip Jamnadas Food Glycemic index Harvard Jason Fung Books In two and a half...
tags: Electronics Electronoobs Power supplies, Inductors Afrotechmods Power Supplies, Inductors Addohms Basics Math Essence of Calculus 3Blue1Brown learning Multi variable...