- End mills
- End mill coatings for different materials
- what tooling for what jobs
- Fits and tolerances
- Setup sheet
- CNC Drill bits
- Power on, check back breaker, check air supply.
- Clear emergency stops, press cancel to continue.
- If system did not shutdown correctly, Check recovery mode, Tool changer recovery, tap recovery. The axes will not move without initializing. If tool is jammed use,
- Used to define the origin of the work with respect to the machine coordinates. Use positions button to display the position on screen and jog the machine to the boundaries of the job. Set the origin of each axis with respect to the tool.
- Tool offset is the bottom cutting point of the tool. Used to set the cutting plane of the tool.
- In Offsets display, press F4 to switch between the work and tool offsets.
- Work Offsets
Automatic tool changer
- Type tool number and press ATC FWD to call the tool.
- G54- work offset
- **M06 T01 H01 **- Tool change Tool 1 offset 1
- M08/M09 - Coolant flow ON/OFF
- M03 S7500 - clockwise Spindle on 7500 RPM, door closed after 750 RPM. M04 counter clockwise.
- **G54 G00 G90 G17 **Safe startup line, G54 work offset, G00 rapid move, G90 absolute mode with respect to the work offset. G17 is we are working with the X,Y plane.
G43 H01 Z10 Safe Z datum check line. G43 is the tool length compensation using the first tool length offset H1, and jogging to a height of 10mm above the work piece.
- Tools are held by friction with a taper, Jacobs JT-6 Taper
- Drill chucks have largest range among tool holding. Cannot be used with end mills.
- For every 0.0001” of runout = -10% Tool life.
- Sidelock Weldon Endmill holder, not well balanced, cheap, poor runout
- Shrink Fit holder, good clearance, pricey, great runout, only one tool per holder.
- Hass CNC