Brushless motor Controller
- tags: #Brushless DC motors Servo SimpleFOC FOC
- Space Vector Modulation FOC #Servo Control #Servo Stepper
- TI motor control compendium
- TI Field oriented control Youtube
- Scolton Motor control #scolton MIT MITERS
- Design of 3 Phase motor controller inverter scolton MITERS
- Flux observer based sensorless FOC on BLDC scolton MITERS
- ST motor control reference guide
- Sensorless motor control #Texas instruments
- Composite stator electromechanical actuator Printed armature motors
- Ben Katz motor control #Ben katz
- Implementing FOC control MITERS
- Brushless gimbal direct driveolliw
- Barts MIT cheeta research
- Arduino 3 phase Sine wave generation
- Low cost Modular Robotics Actuator #Ben katz MIT Cheeta
- Jpieper moteus control blog
- Endless sphere DIY Electric bike forum
- Minin Brushless gimbal, Arduino Nano Mosfet driversolliw
- Driving BLDC at low speeds
- Random Access Projects FOC Brushless motors
- Driving a brushless motor with Arduino
- Brushless gimbal controller with Martinez
- mjbots moteus controller
- VESC Open source ESC
- Solo universal motor controller
- Storm BGC 32 Brushless gimbal controller olliw
- Basecam Gimbal controller
- Near zero BLDC controller
- maxon DEC module, brushless speed controller
- Somanet node synapticon
- Anahiem Automation
- Driver IC #IC Chips
- DRV8323R # phase smart Gate driver
- DRV8316 3Ph BLDC driver Jake
- DRV 8302
- 3 phase driver IC
- ST L6234, L6235 driver IC
- DRV8833 2.7V H bridge Brushed driver
- DRV11873 3 phase sensorless trapizoidal BLDC, 12V 2A
Types of Commutation in Brushless motors
- Brushless motors can be wound Trapezoidally or sinusoidally wound motors, to get efficiency the current driving the motor. should match the shape of the back emf generated by the motor.
Trapezoidal 120 or six step commutation
- It is low cost, simple implementation, high speeds, low computation.
- It creates torque ripples, electrical and acoustic noise
- By measuring the back emf of the undriven coil. when the rotor positon changes the magnetic field shifts polarity and back emf corresponds acordingly, we can measure that by looking for the zero crossing point to sense the position.
- Used for speed applications as the motor needs to generate back emf to be able to sense the position.
- Needs no sensors, needs signal sensing components to measure the signal, not suitable for low speed applications.
Trapezoidal 150 pseudo-sinusoidal
- The phase voltages are charge for about 150 to 170 electrical degrees, resulting in a longer on time and less torque ripple but very small Hi-Z window.
- Low cost, better acuostics, higher torque.
- To prevent sharp increases in current a sinusoidal generated waveform spanning 120 deg to optimize the performance of a sinusoidaly wound motor.
- Pure sinusoidal drive voltages are rarely used in actual designs because they don’t provide enough voltage for each motor terminal with respect to ground.
- A better method is to **generate sinusoidal differential voltages between phases, shifted by 120 degrees **for commutation, by varying the pulse-width modulation (PWM) duty cycle (and thus the drive voltages) relative to ground using a **“saddle” profile. **
- The resulting phase current driving the motor then follows the pure sine-wave variation of the phase-to-phase voltage. The saddle profile technique offers two advantages: First, the maximum differential voltage generated is higher than what a pure sinusoidal signal **can produce, offering higher torque and speed for a given input. Second, **each terminal output is zero for one-third of the time, further reducing switching losses in the power stage.
- Ultra quiet, efficient for sinusoidal motors and small torque ripple, but cannot directly measure back emf, more switching losses, increased complexity.
- Stealth Controller BLDC simple FOC drive #Brushless motor Controller
Notes mentioning this note
Brushless DC motors
tags: Motors Actuators #Brushless motor Controller Tools Home built motor winding calculator Winding Motors Drive Calc Complete power system calculation...
Brushless motor Controller
tags: #Brushless DC motors Servo SimpleFOC FOC Resources Theory Space Vector Modulation FOC #Servo Control #Servo Stepper TI motor control...
tags Robotics J Edward Carryer Stanford Introduction to Mechatronics J Edward carryer Pippet Jockey Medical robots
tags: Brushless DC motors Robotics Actuators Resources Understanding motors Youtube Jatzen lee, Space vector commutation, Clark park transform, sinusoidal, FOC...
FabNeo CNC A low cost flexure based PCB milling machine for Fablabs. Fablab Handbook A handbook for prospective students in...